***If you’ve enjoyed this episode of Elliot Roe’s A-Game Advantage, please subscribe, rate, and leave a review on iTunes to help spread the word about the show. Thanks!***
Ready To Find Your A-Game Advantage? Click Here To Download Elliot Roe’s Primed Mind App
In this episode, Lauren Zander, the co-founder of Handel Group, reveals how to identify and interrupt destructive behavioral patterns. Handel Group is a renowned corporate consulting and life coaching company dedicated to teaching people how to realize their personal and professional visions. Elliot and Lauren discuss the Handel Method and how she came to develop it for herself and those she teaches. Listen in to learn “how to human better” by stopping the lies and realizing a worthwhile dream.
Time Stamped Show Notes
- 01:00 – Introducing Lauren, a coach, speaker, and co-founder of the Handel Group, a renowned executive life-coaching company
- 01:15 – Handel Group helps people realize their personal and professional vision
[02:00] – The Handel Method and how it started
- 02:15 – A professor at MIT allowed her to start developing a course there; she had already been coaching for some time before it became a methodology
- 04:00 – She helps people see what’s getting in the way of their dreams; they find their inner dialogue and learn why it hinders them
- 05:30 – People don’t question what’s informing their inner dialogue and assume it is truth; there’s a hack to control what you say to yourself
- 06:06 – The second part of the method include personality traits, culture, genetic makeup, and where you got those things
[06:55] – On epigenetics
- 07:11 – Epigenetics include things beyond looks; things are influenced and repeated in us because of epigenetics so we need to study our parents
- 09:15 – People re-live the patterns of their parents; there are plenty of examples of this at play
- 10:10 – Lauren believes it’s at the DNA level and genetic
[11:00] – How to interrupt behavioral patterns
- 11:20 – Make a list of promises based on your parents and yourself to stop compulsions
- 12:00 – These mechanical solutions interrupt patterns; it’s evolution in honor of your family
- 13:00 – Once you make the connection and realization, you can’t un-see it
[14:30] – What Lauren thinks has triggered the rise of people looking inward
- 14:50 – The collective changed the norm; things become normalized when they are out in the open more often
- 15:40 – The New York Times is even publishing information on the positive effects of psilocybin
[16:00] –The Inner You course and what to do if you’re struggling
- 16:15 – She’s developed a course to teach instant change to people who are willing to do the work
- 17:00 – The educational system today doesn’t meet us where we are; how you formulate your dreams matters
- 18:30 – Someone who wants to change needs basic principles but they aren’t available; Lauren is striving to change that
- 19:00 – She teaches people to “learn to human better”
- 19:40 – Feeling bad is sick and don’t lie about who you are; be true to yourself and don’t lie about changes you don’t want to make to please others
[21:10] – On telling the truth and evolving naturally
- 22:10 – The amount people are willing to lie is epic
- 23:13 – Admit you lie; we all lie
[23:40] – On being honest with herself
- 24:50 – She decided to out every lie at one point in her life; she wanted to purge her life of lies so she could set herself free
- 26:15 – She decided not to be a fake person anymore; she realizes that she stops patterns once she sheds light on them
- 27:05 – She started to build a dream life – the method
3 Key Points
- It’s important to study our parents and our epigenetics.
- You need basic principles to produce actual change.
- Don’t lie to yourself and others.
- Primed Mind – Elliot’s Mindset Coaching App
- Lauren’s Website – Handel Group
- Receive lifetime access to Inner.U with your subscription which includes: 12 audio coaching sessions from Lauren Zander, 1 free private coaching session with an HG coach, 14 homework assignments, and the interactive Promise Tracker to accelerate your accountability and track your promises and consequences. Get started at: http://bit.ly/AGAMEINNERU
- Sign up now with your AGAME75 coupon and get $75 OFF.
- Check out the Handel Group Instagram!